Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Om Gananam Thvam Ganapathi Gum Havamahe
Kavim Kavinam Upamasra vastamam
Jyestharajam Brahmanam Brahmanaspata
Sri Maha Ganapataye Namah
Prano daevee sarasvatee |
Vaajaebhir vaajineevatee |
Ganaesaaya namah |
Sarasvatyai namah |
Sree gurubhyo namah |
Harih om ||
Ganaanaam tvaa ganaanaam ganaanaam tvaa ganapatim
ganapatim tvaa ganaanaam ganaanaam tvaa ganapatim ||
Tvaa ganapatim tvaatvaa ganapatigm havaamahae
havaamahae ganapatim tvaatvaa ganapatigm havaamahae |
ganapatigm havaamahae havaamahae ganapatim
ganapatigm havaamahae kavinkavigm havaamahae ganapatim
ganapatigm havaamahae kavim | Ganapatimitigana-patim ||
Havaamahae kavim kavigm havaamahae
havaamahae kavim kaveenaankaveenaam
kavigm havaamahae havaamahae kavinkaveenaam ||
nakaveenaam kavinkavim kaveenaamupamasravastamam ||
kaveenaa nakaveenaa mupamasravastamam |
upamasravastama mityupamasravah-tamam ||
Jyaeshtaraajam brahmanaam brahmanaam jyaeshtharaajam
jyaeshtharaajam jyaeshtharaajam brahmanaam
brahmano brahmano brahmanaam
jyaeshtharaajam jyaeshtharaajam jyaeshtharaajam brahmanaam brahmanah |
jyaeshtharaajamitijyaeshtha raajam ||
Brahmanaam brahmano brahmano brahmanaam
brahmanaam brahmanaspatae pataebrahmano
brahmanaam brahmanaam brahmanaspatae ||
Brahmanaspatae patae brahmano brahmanaspata
aapatae brahmano brahmanaspata aa |
pata aa pataepata aanona aapatae pata aanah ||
Aanona aanassrnvan chrnvanna aanassrnvan |
na ssrnvan chrnvannona ssrnvannootibhi rootibhissrnvannona ssrnvannootibhih ||
Srnvannootibhi rootibhissrnvan chrnvannootibhisseeda
seedotibhissrnvan chrnvannootibhisseeda ||
Ootibhisseeda seedotibhi rootibhisseeda
saadanagm saadanagm seedotibhirootibhisseeda saadanam |
ootibhi rityooti-bhih ||
Seedasaadanagm saadanagm seeda seeda saadanam |
saadanamiti saadanam ||
Prano nah praprano daevee daevee nah praprano daevee |
no daevee daevee nono daevee sarasvatee sarasvatee daevee no no daevee sarasvatee ||
Daevee sarasvatee sarasvatee daevee
daevee sarasvatee vaajaebhirvaajaebhi ssarasvatee daevee
daevee sarasvatee daevee sarasvatee vaajaebhih ||
Sarasvatee vaajaebhi rvaajaebhi ssarasvatee
sarasvatee vaajaebhi rvaajineevatee vaahineevatee vaajaebhi
ssarasvatee sarasvatee vaajaebhi rvaajineevatee ||
Vaajaebhirvaajineevatee vaajineevatee vaajaebhirvaajaebhirvaajineevatee |
vaajineevateeti vaajineevatee vaajaebhirvaajaebhirvaajineevatee |
vaajineevateeti vaajinee-vatee ||
Dheenaa mavitryavitree dheenaam dheenaamavitrya
vatva vatvavitree dheenaam dheenaamavitryavatu |
avitryavatvava tvavitryavi tryavatu |
Apart from the legend and stories in Puranas, there is another important story or Navratri Vrat katha in some scriptures. This Navaratri Vratha Katha is associated with a Brahmin girl who observed Navratri vrat and led her remaining life happily with her husband and children. The story goes like…. Once, Brihaspati asked Lord Brahma to tell him the Navratri vrat katha. Brahma replied – “Guru dev! You asked a good question for prosperity of the world. Shukla Paksha in Chaitra month (March – April), Ashada month (June – July), Ashwin month (September – October), and Magh month (January – Febraury) are very auspicious to observe Navratri vrat. Among these, Chaitra Navratri and Ashwin Navratri are most meritorious to observe.I will tell you the story of a woman who observed Navratri vrat for first time”. (Here, you can also read Navratri Vrat Katha in Hindi)
There was a Brahmin called ‘Sunatha’ in a town, ‘Peetatha’. He was a staunch devotee of Goddess Durga. He used to do Durga Puja daily. His wife delivered a beautiful baby girl on a good day. The couple named the girl ‘Sumati’ and grew her up with great care. She also became a devotee of Goddess Durga. But she used to pay attention to her beauty and makeup rather than puja. Sunatha observed it and scolded her many times but she never changed her attitude.
One day, Sunatha scolded Sumathi due to her negligence in puja and told that he will give her hand to a leprosy patient for marriage. She replied that Goddess Durga will save her from any problem in life. With the irresponsible words of Sumathi, Sunatha’s anger reached the peek of his head and married her to a leprosy patient.
Sumathi was confident that Goddess Durga would save her from all problems in life. The newly married couple sat in a forest and she worshipped Durga Mata throughout the night with utmost devotion. Durga Mata satisfied with her devotion and appeared in front of her. Durga Maa wanted to bless her with boons. Sumathi asked Mata – “Ambe, I didn’t do any sin in my present birth, Did I do any paap in my previous birth, Ambe Maa please let me know?”. Maa Durga pleasantly smiled and replied – “Sumathi! You were a great Pativrata in your previous birth. Your husband was a thief and because of him you were also imprisoned for 9 days. During the imprisonment you were not given any food and water.
Unknowingly, you observed Navratri vrat with fasting for 9 continuous days. That only good dead made you to born in a devoted family in this birth. With the result of your one-day fast during Navratri, I will make your husband healthy and handsome. With the result of remaining 8 days-fast I will bless you with prosperous life and a son called ‘Uddalaka’ who becomes very popular with his great charity and devotion”.
tags: How to do Navratri Vrat, How to observe Navratri Vrat, Navaratri Vratha Katha and Puja Procedure, Story of Navratri, Navratri Pujan Vidhi, Navratri, Navratri Vrat Puja , navratiri katha, navaratri vrdathamu, free
Shri Sai Baba Ashtothrams –Meanings and Description
1. Om Shri Sai Nathay Namah - Lord Sai
** Sainath is peace incarnate. Recitation of His name is a mantra which by itself is as purifying as a dip in Holy Ganges.
2. Om Shri Sai Laxmi Narayanana Namah - Goddess Lakshmi’s Consort
** Sai Baba, The Absolute Truth and Reality, is the incarnation of Lord Narayan, Lakshmi’s consort, who has come to free man of his ego and realise his self.
3. Om Shri Sai Krishna-Rama-Shiva Marutyadirupa Namah- Manifestation of Krishna-Rama-Shiva-Maruti
** Lord Sainath, the universal Master, is Absolute Truth. He is Lord Krishna, Lord Rama, Lord Shiva, the One God with numerous names who takes various forms and shapes.
4. Om Shri Sai Sheshashayini Namah - Manifestation of Vishnu On Sheshanaga
** Sai is Lord Vishnu, resting on the thousand-headed serpent. He is the Holiest of the Holy, and the Light of lights.
5. Om Shri Sai Godavaritata Shildhivasini Namah - Making Abode In Shirdi On Godavari Banks
** Having made the banks of Godavari in Shirdi His Dwelling place, Sai Baba sheds His light and grace from there and attracts His devotees with love and purity.
6. Om Shri Sai Bhaktahridalaya Namah – Dweller In Devotee’s Heart
** Dwelling in every heart, Sai Baba wants each one to merge into HIm by shedding off one’s ego.
7. Om Shri Sai Sarvahrinnilaya Namah – Dweller In all Beings
** Sai Baba, the God who descended on earth to redeem mankind of all evils, dwells in the hearts of all beings, and guides their thoughts and actions which are merely expressions of the Divine and His energy.
8. Om Shri Sai Bhutavasaya Namah – Dweller In all Living Creatures
** Sai Baba dwells in the heart of all living creatures, and kindles the flame of love and devotion in those who surrender to Him.
9. Om Shri Sai Bhutabhavishyadbhava Varjitaya Namah – Dispeller of Tormenting Thoughts
** Sai Baba does not allow past and furture to torment the mind of His devotees, and inculcates into them the sublime emotion of devotion.
10. Om Shri Sai Kalatitaay Namah – Beyond Time Limitations
** As the life breath of every soul, Sai Baba is beyond the limitations of time. He has no comparision, and is Infinite.
11. Om Shri Sai Kalaay Namah – Time Incarnate
** Sai Baba is beyond time, beyond human comprehension, and His ways are beyond the reach of human mind and intellect. His divine time is beyond measure and is limitless.
12. Om Shri Sai Kalakaalaay Namah – Lord of Eternity
** Sai Baba is Absolute Existence, Knowledge and Bliss. He is ever present in all beings. He is all pervading, having no beginning or end. He is Lord of Eternity.
13. Om Shri Sai Kaladarpadamanaay Namah – Destroyer of the Pride of Death
** As Master of the universe, Sai destroys the evil spirit in man, so that he can transcend the worldly pleasures and overcome the pride of death.
14. Om Shri Sai Mrityunjaya Namah – Conqueror of Death
** Sai is beyond time and space, life and death. All elements of nature are subservient to His will.
15. Om Shri Sai Amartya Namah - Immortal
** Sai Baba is Omniscient and Omnipresent, without attributes or forms. He has no beginning or end, and is immortal.
16. Om Shri Sai Matya-Bhay-Pradaay Namah – Granter of Freedom From Fear of Death.
** By making Sai Baba the sole object of one’s thoughts and actions, one can be freed from the fear of death.
17. Om Shri Sai Jeevadhaaraay Namah - Support of all Living Beings.
** Sai Baba supports and sustains all living beings. He brings succour to one and all and offers them shelter under His umbrella of love and bliss.
18. Om Shri Sai Sarvadharaay Namah – Support of the Universe
** Sai Baba is everywhere and at all times. Though His physical body no longer remains, Sai tatva remains dormant in the whole universe and comes to the support of the needy.
19. Om Shri Sai Bhataava Samarthaay Namah – Bestower of Capacity to Achieve Results.
** If a devotee meditates on Sai Baba with full faith and concentration, the merciful, compassionate Sai will grant spiritual power to Him.
20. Om Shri Sai Bhataavan Pratigynaay Namah – One Who has Promised Protection to Devotees
** Sai Baba lights the lamp of love and affection among the destitude, showering them with His grace and blessings, and dispelling their gloom. He who has vowed to protect His disciples is a beacon to them and leads them and leads them to self-realisation.
21. Om Shri Sai Anna-Vastra-Daay Namah – Bestower of Food and Clothing.
** Sai Baba given a commitment that there shall be no dearth of food and clothing in the houses of His devotees. He is ever conscious of their needs and sustains them with His grace and benevolence.
22. Om Shri Sai Arogya-Kshemdaay Namah – Bestower of Health and Happiness.
** Sai Baba, provides health and happiness to His devotees. His Udi, the spirituality power-packed ashes, acts as a panacea of all ailments of body and soul.
23. Om Shri Sai Dhan-Maangalya-Pradaay Namah – Granter of Wealth and Well-being.
** If one takes to Baba with all one’s heart and soul, He bestows on him not only worldly possessions, but also spiritual wealth, i.e.m Brahm Gyaan.
24. Om Shri Sai Riddhi-Siddhi-Daay Namah – Bestower of Spiritual Psychic Powers.
** Blessed is he who has become one with Him. Sai bestows spiritual-psychic powers on one who surrenders unto Him totally.
25. Om Shri Sai Putra-Mitra-Kaltra-Bandhu-Daay Namah – Granter of Sons, Friends, Wives and Kin.
** Sai Baba is ever caring for those who place implicit faith in Him. He grants sons, friends, wives and kin, to those who pray to Him sincerely.
26. Om Shri Sai Yogakshem-Vahaay Namah – Provider and Sustainer of Yogic Powers.
** Sai Baba undertakes the responsibility of providing for and sustaining the devotees, leading them on the virtuous path to God realisation.
27. Om Shri Sai Apad-Bandhavaay Namah – Protector of the Distressed.
** Like a true friend, Sai Baba gives His devotees courage, succour and solace to face the vicissitudes of life with hope and aspirations.
28. Om Shri Sai Maarg-Bandhave Namah – Companion On Life’s Path.
** Sai Baba leads the true followers on the path of virtue, to realise the Self and attain eternal bliss and oneness with the Omniscient.
29. Om Shri Sai Bhukti-Mukti Swargapravargadaya Namah - Bestower of Worldly Pleasures and Salvation.
** Sai Baba grants His devotees what they desire, and at the same time guides them on the virtuous path of seeking realisation of the self. He bestows salvation, and the nectar of bliss.
30. Om Shri Sai Priyaay Namah - Beloved.
** Sai Baba is an embodiment of pure love – the love that permeates the heart and soul of His devotees, who in sheer ecstasy consider Him their very own and look to Him as their Beloved.
31. Om Shri Sai Priti-Vardhanaay Namah - Provider of Boundless Love.
** Sai Baba Provides the capacity for boundless love. His message of harmony, unity and love is vibrantly alive in the minds of His devotees.
32. Om Shri Sai Antaryamine Namah - Knower of Innermost Secrets.
** Sai Baba, eternally existent, knows the innermost secrets of the heart, and is the revealer of truth. He is knowledge personified. He is Omniscient and Omnipresent.
33. Om Shri Sai Sachchidatmane Namah - Symbol of Truth and Pure Consciousness.
** Sainath personifies truth and pure consciousness. He preaches that no religion is higher than truth, the inner Self is the same in all people – realise this.
34. Om Shri Sai Nityaananda Namah - Eternal Bliss
** Sai Baba is the bosom of bliss in which devotees pray for a small corner to reside in.
35. Om Shri Sai Param-Sukh-Daay Namah - Bestower of Supreme Happiness
** On anyone who takes to Him, Sai bestows knowledge and wisdom, and takes him beyond the ocean of mundane existence, thus providing divine bliss.
36. Om Shri Sai Parameshwaraay Namah – Supreme Lord
** Sainath is the indisputable Supreme Lord, the father of the Universe.
37. Om Shri Sai Parabrahmane Namah - Absolute Lord.
** Sai Baba is the Brahman, who is Maya, formless, and is in everything. He fills all space and is Omnipresent.
38. Om Shri Sai Parmaatmane Namah - Supreme Self.
** Sai abides in the heart of everyone. From Him emanate memory, knowledge and their absence. He is beyond the destructible, and commands reverence from all.
39. Om Shri Sai Gyaan-Swaroopine Namah – Embodiment of Knowledge.
** Sai Baba, the Eternal Being, is the personification of pure knowledge. He is eternal, pure, immovable and imperishable.
40. Om Shri Sai Jagat-Pita Namah – Father of the Universe
** Lord Sainath is the Venerable Father of the Universe who loves those who seek refuge in Him.
41. Om Shri Sai Bhaktanaam Maatru-Dhaatru-Pitamahay Namah – Mother, Bearer and Great Sire of Devotees.
** When a devotee cries out to Sai in distress, Sai baba, like a mother who brings up her child lovingly, and like a grandfather who dotes on his grandchild, responds instantly with love and affection.
42. Om Shri Sai Bhakta-Bhay-Praday Namah - Granter of Freedom from Fear.
** If one has complete faith in Sai Baba, He will take him beyond the seven seas, beyond fear, and beyond worldly matters.
43. Om Shri Sai Bhakta-Pradadhinaay Namah - Subservient to Devotees.
** If one places absolute faith in Baba and surrenders heart and soul to Him, Baba reciprocates to him and becomes his servant.
44. Om Shri Sai Bhaktanugrahkatraay Namah - Showerer of Grace on Devotees.
** The mystic phenomenon that is Sai Baba, is ever eager to bless and shower grace on His devotees, and comes to their help in the hour of their need.
45. Om Shri Sai Sharnagatvatsalaay Namah - Lover of Refuge Seeker.
** A person who seeks refuge in Sai Baba, by surrendering unto Him totally, and by shedding off his ego, becomes entitled to His abounding love and affection.
46. Om Shri Sai Bhakti-Shakti-Praday Namah - Granter of Devotion and Power.
** By losing one’s fasle individually into the ocean of cosmic divine personality, one attains enormous powers which enables one to reach heights and achieve impossible results.
47. Om Shri Sai Gyaan-Vairaagya-Daay Namah – Bestower of Knowledge and Detachment.
** Sai Baba, personifying knowledge and wisdom, frees man from worldly desires by giving them what they want so that they may learn to want what He wants to give them.
48. Om Shri Sai Prempradaay Namah - Granter of Love.
** Sai teaches no creed, is not the founder of any sect, and reveres all religions. He preaches love and noble deeds, showering limitless love on His devotees.
49. Om Shri Sai Sanshay Hriday Dourbalya Paapkarma Vaasnaa-Kshyakaraay Namah -
– Obliterator of Doubts, Weakness of Heart, Sinful Acts and Evil Desires.
** Sai Baba of Shirdi dispels doubts, evil thoughts and deeds, and ignorance if one surrenders to Him in total faith. Only then will he experience divine bliss.
50. Om Shri Sai Hriday-Granthi-Bhedkaay Namah – Remover of Knots in Hearts.
** Sai Baba gives His devotees an illumination that makes them aware of God, of self, and helps them to conquer their ego, thereby giving them ultimate realisation.
51. Om Shri Sai Karma-Dhavansine Namah – Remover of Evil Effects of Sins of Previous Lives.
** Sai Baba forgives all Sins, and even destroys the ill-effects of Bad karmas of previous births.
52. Om Shri Sai Shuddha Satvasthitaay Namah - Established in Pure Truths and Thougts.
** Sai inspires and generates pure and pious thoughts in His devotees, guiding them on the virtuous path, to transcend the highest order of their lives.
53. Om Shri Sai Gunantita Gunaatmane Namah - Virtuous and Attributeless.
** Endowed with all virtues and yet attributeless, Sai Baba is an incarnation of Lord Shive. The Good Lord incarnates age after age to redeem mankind from sins.
54. Om Shri Sai Anant Kalyaan-Gunaay Namah - Limitless Virtues.
** Sai Baba is resplendent with virtuous attributes that are limitless, and He has limitless forms, filling all vast spaces.
55. Om Shri Sai Amit-Paraakramaay Namah - Unlimited Supreme Power.
** Lord Sainath, the Fakir of Shirdi, is the store house of power. His name denotes absolute power.
56. Om Shri Sai Jayine Namah - Personification of Victory.
** Sai Baba is the infinite ocean of peace, and for Him there is no defeat or failure. He is ever victorious as He is supreme.
57. Om Shri Sai Durdharsha-Kshobhyayaay Namah - Unchallengable and Unshakeable.
** Sai Baba is in everything and everything is His. Every thougt is His, every impulse is His. He is unchallengable and impossible to defy.
58. Om Shri Sai Aparaajitaay Namah - Unconquerable.
** Sai Baba is second to none. His ways and means are many. See Him in every Soul to attain one’s spiritual goal.
59. Om Shri Sai Trilokeshu Avidhaatgataye Namah - Lord of the Three Worlds Without Obstruction.
** Sai Baba, Lord of the three worlds, is the personification of dharma, leading His devotees along the correct path without any impediment.
60. Om Shri Sai Ashakyaahitaay Namah - For Whom Nothing is Impossible.
** Sai Baba, the gentle incarnation of Lord Shiva, is all powerful, all pervading, all embracing, and all merciful. For Him, nothing is impossible for everything is as He will.
61. Om Shri Sai Sarva-Shakti-Murtaye Namah - Almighty.
** Lord Sainath is Absolute, the Supreme Self, who is All-Powerful and Unconquerable.
62. Om Shri Sai Suroop-Sundaraay Namah - Beautiful Form.
** Sainath, an incarnation of Lord Shiva, is of unique splendour, whose eyes are beautiful and magnetic, drawing crowds to His abode in great swarms
63. Om Shri Sai Sulochana Namah - With Beautiful Eyes
** Sai Baba, the gentle Lord of Shirdi, has beautiful, yet powerful eyes. His glance is auspicious, and His eyes are illuminous, bright and shinning with spiritual power.
64. Om Shri Sai Bahuroop-Vishwa-Murtaye Namah - Protean
** Sai Baba, manifests in the form of universe itself and is the Master of existence. His is a unique phenomenon on the horizon of spirituality.
65. Om Shri Sai Arupaa-Vyaktaay Namah - Formless and Indescribable.
** Sai Baba, whose image cannot be bound in words, and whose knowledge has touched beyond the far-reaching universe, and unfathomable depths of ocean, is beyond vision and human comprehension.
66. Om Shri Sai Achintayaay Namah - Inconceivable.
** Sai Baba, who has attained Mahasamadhi, is inconceivable and incomprehensible, and is beyond description. He is attributeless and Truth personified.
67. Om Shri Sai Sookshamaay Namah - Subtle and all Pervasive.
** Sai is pervading the whole earth in a subtle form. If one experiences Oneness with Him in one’s everyday life, it is due to the grace of God.
68. Om Shri Sai Sarvaantaryaamine Namah – Dweller in Every Creature.
** Since Sai Baba dwells in the heart of every living creature, He wants one to forget one’s body consciousness and merge one’s mind, body, intellect and ego in His consciousness.
69. Om Shri Sai Manovaagtitaay Namah - Transcends Mind and Speech.
** Sai Baba knows the past, present and future of every animate and inanimate object as He dwells in them all. He is familiar with the devotee’s past, thought and speech.
70. Om Shri Sai Prem-Murtaye Namah - Embodiment of Love.
** Sai represents pure love and truth. One who ever concentrates on Him will be clothed with a panoply of spiritual armour.
71. Om Shri Sai Sulabh-Durlabhaay Namah - Easy to Reach, Difficult to Approach.
** Sai Baba has enjoined in His devotees to give up their cleverness and approach Him with a single heart, when He would be easily accessible.
72. Om Shri Sai Asahaay-Sahaayaay Namah - Supporter of the Helpless.
** By casting all one’s burdens unto the all-knowing Sainath, one can be assured of full support and sustenance from Him.
73. Om Shri Sai Anaath-Naath-Din-Bandhave Namah - Protector of the Unprotected.
** Sainath had said, “Why should any fear, when I am there? Cast all burdens onto Me and I shall bear with them.” The truth of His undertaking is experienced by His devotees every moment.
74. Om Shri Sai Sarva-Bhaar-Bhrute Namah - Accepter of all Burdens.
** Ingrevious trouble, if one prays to Sainath for succour, He comes to him immediately, providing sustenance, and relieving him of distress.
75. Om Shri Sai Akarmaa-Nek-Karmasu-Karmine Namah – Inspiration for Virtuous Deeds.
** Sai Baba is non-doer, yet He inspires others to perform virtuous deeds. He is beyond duality.
76. Om Shri Sai Punya-Shravan-Kirtanaay Namah - Sai Evokes Religious Fervour.
** Hearing and speaking of Sai Baba’s glories evokes religious merit. The divine name is the greatest saviour in this Kaliyug. The name redeems the fallen. It is a panacea for all ills of life.
77. Om Shri Sai Tirthaay Namah – Embodiment of Holy Places.
** Sai Baba is all pervading, and an embodiment of all holy places. Worship at His lotus feet gives one the same merits as of going to holy places and bathing in holy waters.
78. Om Shri Sai Vasudevaay Namah – Incarnation of Vasudeva.
** Sainath is Vasudeva, or Lord Krishna. His very name generates a flood of divine love and splendour in one’s heart.
79. Om Shri Sai Sataangataye Namah – Resort of the Virtuous.
** Obeisance at Sai Baba’s feet leads the devotee onto the virtuous path and the final goal of his life.
80. Om Shri Sai Satparaaynaay Namah - Truth Incarnate.
** Sai Baba, fully dedicated to truth, carried on His mission of destroying distress, strengthening faith, and establishing truth among His devotees.
81. Om Shri Sai Lok-Naathaay Namah – Lord of the Universe.
** Sai Baba, the incarnation of Lord Shiva, is the creator, protector and destroyer of everything in the universe. He is all powerful, all pervading – the Supreme Lord.
82. Om Shri Sai Paavanaandhyaay Namah – Pure and Free From Sins.
** Sai Baba desires that devotees who want Him, should follow the path of pure devotion and attain spirituality.
83. Om Shri Sai Amrutaanshave Namah – Bestower of Immortality.
** Sainath lights the lamp of wisdom in His devotees’ minds, dispelling desires, and helping to experience heavenly bliss and ultimate beatitude, for He is the bestower of immortality.
84. Om Shri Sai Bhaaskar-Prabhaay Namah - Lustrous like the Sun.
** Lord Sai, the dispeller of sheer ignorance, who helps one to merge one’s individuality in the universal Being, is lustrous like the sun.
85. Om Shri Sai Brahmachaarya Tapascharyaadi Suvrataay Namah – Celibate, Ascetic with Other High Spiritual Disciplines.
** Sai Baba adopts celibacy, ascetism and other spiritual practices, and responds to the divine call, attaining God-realisation and Godhood.
86. Om Shri Sai Satya-Dharm-Paraaynaay Namah – Engrossed in Truth and Righteousness.
** If one sincerely follows Sai Baba’s teachings, one’s nescience will disappear – replaced by strong waves of devotion and love, and righteous conduct.
87. Om Shri Sai Siddheshwaraay Namah – Lord of Spiritual Powers.
** Sai Baba descended on earth as an incarnation of Lord Shiva who is endowed with full Riddhis and Siddhi. Devotees who take to Baba, automatically acquire supernatural powers.
88. Om Shri Sai Siddha-Sankalpaay Namah – Whose Will Prevails.
** Sai Baba shows His devotees the path which provides new strength. He involves the most creative minds, enlightening them with the knowledge of God’s love.
89. Om Shri Sai Yogeshwaraay Namah - Incarnation of Shiva and Krishna.
** Sai Baba is the incarnation of Shiva and Krishna. One may call Him by any name one likes. He incarnates repeatedly for the benefit of mankind.
90. Om Shri Sai Bhagvate Namah - Possessor of Divine Glory
** Sai Baba, the Fakir of Shirdi, is Existence Absolute, Consciousness Absolute and Bliss Absolute. He is ever pure, is beyond illusion, is formless and is without taint. He is Divinity, the Supreme Lord.
91. Om Shri Sai Bhakta-Vatsalaay Namah – Full of Love for Devotees.
** Sai Baba, the personification of purity and Divine love, persuades His devotees to merge into Him with full faith and realise Divine bliss.
92. Om Shri Sai Satpurushaay Namah – Virtuous, Pious and Venerable One.
** Sai Baba is most virtuous and noble. He is the absolute, attributeless, having no name or residence, yet resides in all.
93. Om Shri Sai Purushottamaay Namah - Incarnation of Purushottama.
** Sai Baba is God Incarnate, who took the incarnation of Purushottama (Lord Rama) to establish righteouosness. As Sai Baba descended on earth to enlighten His children and give them self-knowledge.
94. Om Shri Sai Satya-Tatva-Bodh-Kaay Namah – Preceptor of The Essence of Truth and Reality.
** Sai Baba, the Incarnation of Lord Shiva, Who came to Shirdi as Fakir is self existent, self luminous truth.
95. Om Shri Sai Kamadi-Shad-Vairi-Dhvansine Namah – Destroyer of Worldly Desire.
** Sai Baba is the destroyer of six worldly desires of man – lust, anger, greed, hatred, pride and envy. When the ego is tammed, one can realise one’s self.
96. Om Shri Sai Abheda-Nanadaanubhav-Pradaay Namah – Bestower of Bliss.
** Sai Baba, an Incarnation of Lord Shiva bestows Bliss on His devotees. This Bliss can be realised from oneness with God. In the egoless state, all actions are joyous, effortless and spontaneous.
97. Om Shri Sai Sam-Sarva-Mat-Samtaay Namah - Preacher of Equality of all Faiths.
** To Sainath, the Incarnation of Lord Shiva, all religious faiths are equal, and led to the same destination of God – Realisation.
98. Om Shri Sai Dakshina-Murtaye Namah – Lord Dakshina Murti.
** Sai Baba is an incarnation of Dakshina Murti (Lord Shiva). He descended to the earth in the human form to enlighten man and guide him in realizing the Self.
99. Om Shri Sai Venkatesh-Ramanaay Namah - Lord Venkateshwara
** Sai Nath remains merged in Lord Venkateshawara who is Lord Vishnu, the Infinite, the Absolute Supreme, Being pervading the whole universe.
100. Om Shri Sai Adbutaanant-Charchaay Namah- Performer of Marvellous and Blissful Deeds.
** Sai Baba is the symbol of Existence, Consciousness and Bliss. He is capable of performing Infinite and Marvellous Deeds.
101. Om Shri Sai Prapannarti-Haraay Namah – Eradicator of Distress.
** Whoever takes refuge in Him, Sainath takes his burden on Himself and provide him relief from the vicissitudes of life.
102. Om Shri Sai Sansara Sarva-Dukh-Kshaya-Karaay Namah – Destroyer of all Calamities.
** Sai Baba, Who infuges love and wisdom in man, destroyes every calamity and suffering, thus granting bliss to mankind.
103. Om Shri Sai Sarvit-Sarvato-Mukhaay Namah – Omniscient and Omnipresent.
** Sai Baba, the Supreme Lord, teaches man not to think of the past or future, but to live intensely in the present, for He is all pervading and all knowing.
104. Om Shri Sai Sarvantarbahi Sthitaay Namah - All Pervading.
** The Lord has manifested Himself in the form of Sai Baba. He is the Divine Mother and Father. He stays inside and outside all beings.
105. Om Shri Sai Sarva-Mangal-Karaay Namah – Cause of Auspiciousness.
** Sai Baba, the Great Benefactor, grants one the power to transcend one’s ego and attachment to personal benefits, and bestows auspiousness all round.
106. Om Shri Sai Sarvaa-Bhisht-Pradaay Namah - Fulfiller of all Desires.
** Sainath responds to all prayers, granting all desires, so that His devotee may turn to His way of teaching and what He is likes them to do.
107. Om Shri Sai Samaras-Sanmaarg-Sthapanaay Namah – Establisher of Amity.
** Sai establishes Amity and Harmony amongst followers of diverse religions. He advocates the practice of performing one’s duty and living amongst people with amity and understanding.
108. Om Shri Sai Samarth Sadguru Sainathaay Namah - Supreme and Powerful Guru.
** Sainath is the Supreme and all Powerful Master Who had came to earth to redeem mankind of His misery and to take him to Godhead.
tags: sai baba astotharam, saibaba ashtottarams, shiridi baba, siridi, shiride, sainath, ashtotharams with meanings, sainath ashtotharams meaning, saibaba 108 names, sai astotharams, asttothara, ashtothara, astotharam, ashtothrams, sahastra, namavali,meaninngs of baba ashtotara, free, daily pujas, sai 108names
108 Names of Lord Shiva with Meanings
1 Aashutosh —– One Who Fulfills Wishes Instantly
2 Aja —– Unborn
3 Akshayaguna —– God With Limitless Attributes
4 Anagha —– Without Any Fault
5 Anantadrishti —– Of Infinite Vision
6 Augadh —– One Who Revels All The Time
7 Avyayaprabhu —– Imperishable Lord
8 Bhairav —– Lord Of Terror
9 Bhalanetra —– One Who Has An Eye In The Forehead
10 Bholenath —– Kind Hearted Lord
11 Bhooteshwara —– Lord Of Ghosts And Evil Beings
12 Bhudeva —– Lord Of The Earth
13 Bhutapala —– Protector Of The Ghosts
14 Chandrapal —– Master Of The Moon
15 Chandraprakash —– One Who Has Moon As A Crest
16 Dayalu —– Compassionate
17 Devadeva —– Lord Of The Lords
18 Dhanadeepa —– Lord Of Wealth
19 Dhyanadeep —– Icon Of Meditation And Concentration
20 Dhyutidhara —– Lord Of Brilliance
21 Digambara —– Ascetic Without Any Clothes
22 Durjaneeya —– Difficult To Be Known
23 Durjaya —– Unvanquished
24 Gangadhara —– Lord Of River Ganga
25 Girijapati —– Consort Of Girija
26 Gunagrahin —– Acceptor Of Gunas
27 Gurudeva —– Master Of All
28 Hara —– Remover Of Sins
29 Jagadisha —– Master Of The Universe
30 Jaradhishamana —– Redeemer From Afflictions
31 Jatin —– One Who Has Matted Hair
32 Kailas —– One Who Bestows Peace
33 Kailashadhipati —– Lord Of Mount Kailash
34 Kailashnath —– Master Of Mount Kailash
35 Kamalakshana —– Lotus-Eyed Lord
36 Kantha —– Ever-Radiant
37 Kapalin —– One Wears A Necklace Of Skulls
38 Khatvangin —– One Who Has The Missile Khatvangin In His Hand
39 Kundalin —– One Who Wears Earrings
40 Lalataksha —– One Who Has An Eye In The Forehead
41 Lingadhyaksha —– Lord Of The Lingas
42 Lingaraja —– Lord Of The Lingas
43 Lokankara —– Creator Of The Three Worlds
44 Lokapal —– One Who Takes Care Of The World
45 Mahabuddhi —– Extremely Intelligent
46 Mahadeva —– Greatest God
47 Mahakala —– Lord Of All Times
48 Mahamaya —– Of Great Illusions
49 Mahamrityunjaya —– Great Victor Of Death
50 Mahanidhi —– Great Storehouse
51 Mahashaktimaya —– One Who Has Boundless Energies
52 Mahayogi —– Greatest Of All Gods
53 Mahesha —– Supreme Lord
54 Maheshwara —– Lord Of Gods
55 Nagabhushana —– One Who Has Serpents As Ornaments
56 Nataraja —– King Of The Art Of Dancing
57 Nilakantha —– Blue Necked Lord
58 Nityasundara —– Ever Beautiful
59 Nrityapriya —– Lover Of Dance
60 Omkara —– Creator Of OM
61 Palanhaar —– One Who Protects Everyone
62 Parameshwara First Among All Gods
63 Paramjyoti —– Greatest Splendour
64 Pashupati —– Lord Of All Living Beings
65 Pinakin —– One Who Has A Bow In His Hand
66 Pranava —– Originator Of The Syllable Of OM
67 Priyabhakta —– Favourite Of The Devotees
68 Priyadarshana —– Of Loving Vision
69 Pushkara —– One Who Gives Nourishment
70 Pushpalochana —– One Who Has Eyes Like Flowers
71 Ravilochana —– Having Sun As The Eye
72 Rudra —– The Terrible
73 Rudraksha —– One Who Has Eyes Like Rudra
74 Sadashiva —– Eternal God
75 Sanatana —– Eternal Lord
76 Sarvacharya —– Preceptor Of All
77 Sarvashiva —– Always Pure
78 Sarvatapana —– Scorcher Of All
79 Sarvayoni —– Source Of Everything
80 Sarveshwara —– Lord Of All Gods
81 Shambhu —– One Who Bestows Prosperity
82 Shankara —– One Who Gives Happiness
83 Shiva —– Always Pure
84 Shoolin —– One Who Has A Trident
85 Shrikantha —– Of Glorious Neck
86 Shrutiprakasha —– Illuminator Of The Vedas
87 Shuddhavigraha —– One Who Has A Pure Body
88 Skandaguru —– Preceptor Of Skanda
89 Someshwara —– Lord Of All Gods
90 Sukhada —– Bestower Of Happiness
91 Suprita —– Well Pleased
92 Suragana —– Having Gods As Attendants
93 Sureshwara —– Lord Of All Gods
94 Swayambhu —– Self-Manifested
95 Tejaswani —– One Who Spreads Illumination
96 Trilochana —– Three-Eyed Lord
97 Trilokpati —– Master Of All The Three Worlds
98 Tripurari —– Enemy Of Tripura
99 Trishoolin —– One Who Has A Trident In His Hands
100 Umapati —– Consort Of Uma
101 Vachaspati —– Lord Of Speech
102 Vajrahasta —– One Who Has A Thunderbolt In His Hands
103 Varada —– Granter Of Boons
104 Vedakarta —– Originator Of The Vedas
105 Veerabhadra —– Supreme Lord Of The Nether World
106 Vishalaksha —– Wide-Eyed Lord
107 Vishveshwara —– Lord Of The Universe
108 Vrishavahana —– One Who Has Bull As His Vehicle
tags:shiva 108 names meaning, ashtottarams meaning, ashtottaras,free,meanings of shiva names
Pongal is an ancient festival of people in South India particularly Tamils. The history of the festival can be traced back to the Sangam Age i.e. 200 B.C. To 300 A.D. Although, Pongal originated as a Dravidian Harvest festival and has a mention in Sanskrit Puranas, historians identify the festival with the Thai Un and Thai Niradal which are believed to have been celebrated during the Sangam Age.
The celebrations of Sangam Era led to today’s Pongal celebrations. As part of the festivities, maidens of the Sangam era observed ‘Pavai Nonbu’ at the time of Thai Niradal which was a major festival during the reign of the Pallavas (4th to 8th Century AD). It was observed during the Tamil month of Margazhi (December-January). During this festival young girls prayed for rain and prosperity of the country. Throughout the month, they avoided milk and milk products. They would not oil their hair and refrained from using harsh words while speaking. Women used to bath early in the morning. They worshiped the idol of Goddess Katyayani, which would be carved out of wet sand. They ended their penance on the first day of the month of Thai (January-February). This penance was to bring abundant rains to flourish the paddy. These traditions and customs of ancient times gave rise to Pongal celebrations.
Andal’s Tiruppavai and Manickavachakar’s Tiruvembavai vividly describe the festival of Thai Niradal and the ritual of observing Pavai Nonbu. According to an inscription found in the Veeraraghava temple at Tiruvallur, the Chola King Kiluttunga used to gift lands to the temple specially for the Pongal celebrations.
Tags: sankrathi, sankraanti, sankraanthi
|MP3 Songs Downloads|
|MP3 Songs Downloads|
|MP3 Songs Downloads|
|MP3 Songs Downloads|
|MP3 Songs Downloads|